Craps Quick Tips
This article serves as a mini-education offering strategies, rules and a brief outline of the game delivered in quick informational bites.
1) Craps: Let’s run through the numbers: 2, 3, 12 are craps-losers. 7 and 11 –a ‘natural’- winners.
2) Craps Point Numbers are 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 & 10 and these points must be repeated before a 7 is rolled.
3) Craps: When a player is handed the dice to throw, the first roll is called a ‘come-out’ and a 7 or 11 immediately wins. Whereas the 2, 3, or 12 immediately loses.
4) Craps: If the player throws any of the other numbers: 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10. --the player continues to throw until either that same point number is rolled again, in which case the player wins, or until a 7 is rolled, in which case the player loses.
5) Any other number has no significance to the pass-line wager. This explains why the 7 sometimes wins, and sometimes loses. If it is thrown on the first roll, it wins. If it is thrown when the player tries to repeat his first-roll number, it loses and is called a 7-out.
6) Keep Pass Line and Come bets to table minimum.
7) Place Odds bets, after count is established, with as much as your bankroll will allow. This is where the money is made at the craps table.
8) The Odds bets are determined by a probability chart and are based on 36 combinations a pair of dice can be rolled.
9) For instance, the 7 can be rolled in six combos (combinations); which is the highest combination probability. The 6 and 8 can be rolled in five combos, and the 5 and 9 can be rolled four combos, while the 4 and 10 can be rolled three combos each.
10) Be sure to place correct amount on odds bets (as illustrated below) or casino pays only even money.
6 and 8 - 6 to 5 odds. Pays $6 for every $5 wagered.
5 and 9 - 3 to 2 odds. Pays $3 for every $2 wagered.
4 and 10 - 2 to 1 odds. Pays $2 for every $1 wagered.
11) Therefore, placing the 6 and 8 is a good craps bet.
12) Don’t Pass/Don’t Come are excellent bets at a ‘cold’ craps table.
14) Cinco, Dos and Adios=7
15) Fiver=point 5
16) Eighter from Decatur=point 8
17) Field is alive after 5=field bet.
18) Dice=bones, cubes, G.I. marbles.
19) Hook: imaginary line that separates players 3 and 4 OR on larger tables, players 4 and 5. It dictates where the dealer will place the players’ Come, Don’t Come, Place, Buy or Lay Bets and helps to eliminate misunderstandings.
20) The words SIX and NINE are used instead of 6 and 9 for the same reason.
21) A final Quick Tip: I suggest you print out this Craps mini-education for future use.
More about author
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.